- Contact Us
- Clinical Staff
- Our Philosophy
Spinal Stabilization: Specific exercises, tailored to the individual needs of each patient, are used to train the deep stabilizing muscles around the spine.
■ Your Physical Therapist evaluates your muscle control and painful spinal positions to avoid flare-ups.
■ Exercise progression is based on your individual progress
■ Education through a “Back School” is offered monthly
■ A long-term solution to back pain, NOT a quick fix! This training builds independence and self-management!
· 80% of the general population will suffer a debilitating back injury during their lifetime.
· After a first-time injury, strength and coordination of your deep spinal stabilizers does not return to normal even when you are pain-free. This often leads to a second injury.
· Specific stabilization exercise for low-back pain has proven more effective than general exercise techniques.
Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging:
· Rehabilitative ultrasound can help in the assessment of pelvic floor and deep abdominal muscle function.
· The real time ultrasound unit enables visual imaging of the muscles as they contract making it a great assessment and teaching tool.
· This is a NON-INVASIVE way to make sure you’re using the correct muscles in the right way.